Long range shooting is an incredibly rewarding experience. It involves a test of marksmanship fundamentals as well as the ability of your equipment and ammunition. The complexity of long range shooting is often underestimated. Not having the knowledge of external ballistics, and/or what is needed from the equipment, is enough for a shooter to give up hope after just a few short hours of attempting a long range hit.
Although Long Island and the surrounding environments do not offer many opportunities to shoot outside of 300 yards, when they do occur it’s usually at a critical moment, such as at trophy game. This course will prepare you for that shot should it arise, or if you wish to take our long range course that reaches out to distances in excess of 1,000 yards. This course is a one on one session designed as a primer for those looking to take on a long range course. Email Frank@renaissancefirearmsinstruction.com to schedule an appointment
In this course we cover:
- FIREARMS SAFETY
- Advanced Marksmanship Fundamentals
- Wind Reading
- Bullet Flight Characteristics (drift and trajectory)
- Understanding Scope Reticles and MOA
- Selecting andTroubleshooting Equipment
- Using Ballistic Calculations Software
While everything below will be available it is STRONGLY RECOMMENDED you bring the following.
- Scoped rifle with high magnification (12x or higher)
- 50 rounds of ammo that hold a group of at least 2″ at 100 yards
- Spotting scope
- A shooting mat or beach towel
- Wind reading tool (kestrel or equivalent)
- Laptop computer (you will receive free ballistics software)
*It’s essential that shooters considering this course are already proficient marksmen at 100 yards.
This is not an NRA-approved course, it was constructed in its entirety by Frank Melloni.
Join our mailer for announcements on when this course will be offered next, This course can be brought to your local range or gun club, or taught to a 1 on 1, please inquire for pricing and availability.